Long Term - 6 or 12 months If you have 6 to 12 months free time, then the Aotearoa Cultural & Volunteer Exchange long term volunteer abroad programme is a great opportunity to really make a difference! Once you have decided which country you would like to visit, and the type of project you would like to volunteer with, you can apply to become a member of the ACVE outgoing international volunteer team.
Comprehensive Training and Support
Our teams depart in January and August each year for 6 or 12 months. Your ACVE international volunteer programme is comprehensive and incorporates training seminars and a language course to ensure you are fully prepared for your journey overseas. Depending on your destination, you will join a team of up to 50 international volunteers from all over the world.
As a member of the ACVE outgoing team you will receive:
In New Zealand:
• Group pre-departure training seminar
• Ongoing fundraising support, advice and mentorship from the ACVE team
• Assistance with visa applications and flight bookings
• Follow up seminar and opportunities to become involved with ACVE upon your return
• Full health insurance including 24 hour emergency medical assistance
• Pick up from the airport and transport to the group orientation seminar
• 8 day orientation seminar including food and accommodation
• Minimum 20 hours intensive language course
• Travel and introduction to your host project
• Ongoing logistical and emotional support from the ICYE staff team, including a 24/7 emergency number and effective management of any emergency situation
• Monthly pocket money
• Full board and lodging at your international volunteering project (you will live either with a host family or as a member of the staff team onsite)
• 2 group training seminars (mid term and final)
• Travel to airport for departure
• At least one month’s free travel time to explore your chosen country
ACVE actively encourages all of our volunteers to fundraise and will work with you to design an individual fundraising plan.